Under limited supervision, conduct quantitative analysis of information affecting litigation related investments including assisting with litigation analysis, assessing and pricing litigation risk, and evaluating litigation budgets. Assist in analyzing and closing a wide variety of transactions, including loans to law firms, loans related to specific cases or case portfolios, and claims tied to litigation outcomes. Support Co-Heads with industry research, financial modeling and analysis, valuation analysis, transaction documentation, and pitchbook presentations. Important contributor to the firm's activities and successes. Some travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble spreadsheets, charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports.
- Identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of financial information by breaking down information or data into separate parts. Evaluate and analyze information results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Produce and document forecasts of business, industry, litigation and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of litigation, business, and finance.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others internally and externally.
- Monitor fundamental economic, industrial and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtained from financial publications and services, investment banking firms, government agencies, trade publications, company sources, and personal interviews.
- Recommend investments and investment timing to companies, investment firm staff, or the investing public.
- Determine the prices at which loans or investments should be syndicated and offered to the firm's clients.
- Prepare plans of action for investment based on financial analyses.
- Present oral and written reports on general economic trends, individual corporations, and entire industries.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business related field, preferred to be in Finance or Accounting required.
- 3 to 5 year's related experience, Financial Restructuring & Recapitalization, M&A Banking preferred
- SIE, Series 7, Series 63 required within 6 months from date of hire.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, and government regulations and how they apply/pertain to the applicable industries.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website