The Senior Hedge Funds Due Diligence Specialist is responsible for the ongoing monitoring of alternative investments held by clients on Stifel's platform. This role is required to source, analyze and identify products as potential additions to the product platform and will be instrumental in the education of the Firm's Financial Advisors about alternative investments and the platform. The Senior Hedge Funds Due Diligence Specialist will primarily focus on Hedge Funds and Long-Only Limited Partnerships, but will also have exposure to other Alternative Investments, such as Exchange Funds and Liquid Alternative Mutual Funds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitors individual hedge fund performance and risk on a regular basis, fostering valued relationships with all individual fund managers, conducting updates to initial due diligence and periodic on-site visits with key investment and operations personnel.
• Source and assess new investment opportunities by establishing trusted industry contacts, meeting prospective funds, attending relevant industry events, performing qualitative, quantitative and peer analyses.
• Write and present due diligence case to investment committee and key stakeholders.
• Document management of all existing due diligence files to make sure all files are complete and updated per department and firm policies.
• Works closely with Financial Advisors and their clients on any inquiries. Educates the sales force on alternative investments and the platform offering.
• Participates in client meetings with regular reviews of portfolio holdings, including analysis of the portfolio's performance and risk characteristics.
• Provides analytical support to senior investment professionals for reporting, presentations and research projects.
• Advanced knowledge of hedge fund industry, general investment principles and characteristics across asset classes with strong finance and economic competences with knowledge or experience in global financial markets.
• Bachelor's degree Finance or related field
• 5+ years' experience in related Alternative Investments
• Minimum Required: Series 7 & Series 63, 65 or 66 within 6 months of hire
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Apply on company website