Stifel is looking for a top caliber Analyst to join its team. The position, based in New York, is within the firm's Leverage Finance Group. The Leveraged Finance team provides a full array of financing solutions for financial sponsors and corporate clients. Leveraged Finance originates structures, underwrites and executes non-investment grade debt financings including leveraged loans, high yield bonds, bridge financing and private debt. Client transactions include leveraged buy-outs, refinancings, dividend recaps, M&A transactions and restructurings.
Stifel Investment Banking provides strategic advisory services to clients in North America, Europe, and Asia that include initiating, structuring, and negotiating mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures as well as providing fairness opinions, valuation, debt financing, and restructuring services. The firm has been growing rapidly and is continuously expanding its service lines while maintaining its focus on the middle market. The combination of a full-service product offering and the deep domain and product expertise of our 400+ bankers allows us to provide solutions that meet the evolving needs of our clients.
- Support the execution of leveraged finance transactions for financial sponsor and corporate clients with increasing levels of responsibility,
- Lead key aspects of business and financial due diligence and credit underwriting processes,
- Perform financial modeling in support of the origination and underwriting process for sponsor-led LBOs and other transactions,
- Prepare client presentations, draft marketing materials and participate in due diligence and drafting sessions,
- Participate in client meetings and contribute to building and maintaining client relationships.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university and 1-3 years of experience in leveraged finance at an investment bank, commercial bank, or direct lender,
- Experience in credit underwriting,
- Financial modeling, financial statement analysis, and accounting skills / knowledge,
- Strong written and verbal communications skills,
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated team player and leader
- Excellent work ethic
Apply on company website