The Investment Systems & Operations Analyst brings experience and good judgment to their work and is responsible for the daily support and maintenance of variety of investment operations duties, including but not limited to, reconciliation, corporate actions processing, security master setup & maintenance, account setup & maintenance, fee billing, performance calculations, and investment systems support and configuration. The Investment Systems & Operations Analyst is able to independently handle daily tasks and projects and comply with firm policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily position and transaction reconciliation between 1919ic's Portfolio Accounting System (Advent's APX) and custodian banks.
- Process corporate actions for securities held including cash and stock dividends, splits, mergers and acquisitions.
- Setup and maintenance of security master data.
- Calculation, reconciliation & analysis of performance data.
- Work with Finance to produce, maintain and support the fee billing process
- Support, analysis and configuration of trading, portfolio accounting & analytics systems.
- Support & analysis for new development initiatives to drive workflow improvements within investment operations and investment teams.
- Support the creation of monthly and quarterly client reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Monitor and support daily automated workflows, as well as occasional on-call responsibilities in the event of a workflow failure.
- Develop new and re-evaluate current procedures to promote continuous process improvement.
- Work directly with Trading and Portfolio Management teams to help provide a consistently high level of service to our clients.
- Minimum Required: B.S. or B.A. in Finance, Economics or related field
- Minimum Required: 1 to 3 years related experience
- General financial instruments knowledge (equities, fixed income, options, swaps, futures, foreign exchange) within both the domestic and global security markets. Knowledge and familiarity with the financial markets. Prior experience with Factset, Bloomberg & Advent suite of products a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment with a wide range of responsibilities. Dependable, accurate and conscientious with a strong sense of team effectiveness.
- Strong analytical skills, service oriented, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong organization skills and attention to detail, self-motivated and able to multi-task in an independent and timely manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and advanced ability within excel.
ABOUT 1919 INVESTMENT COUNSEL
1919 Investment Counsel (“1919ic”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Stifel Financial Corporation, provides investment management and financial planning services to wealthy individuals, families, trusts, foundations, and institutions. 1919ic manages more than $15 billion of client assets and has offices in Baltimore, Birmingham, Cincinnati, New York, San Francisco, and Philadelphia. 1919ic has a team of research analysts and portfolio managers that work together to construct investment portfolios that are tailored to each client's specific needs and objectives. The firm primarily serves high net worth clients which often require complex financial planning and advice as well as exceptional client service.
Apply on company website