The Product Management Associate I is responsible for assisting with daily platform management of Exchange Traded Products (ETPs) and Mutual Funds/529 Plans, which includes initial evaluation of products for acceptability, viability, and risk as utilized by Stifel Financial Advisors with their clients subject to review by senior members of the Product Management team. The position will also be responsible for conducting product comparisons, monitoring asset flow, and industry trends. The Associate I must continually develop an in-depth knowledge of investment products. This position works closely with other key members of the firm, including the Product Management and Product Advice teams, Relationship Management, Traditional Products Research Group, Alternative Investments, Advisory Marketing, Product Control and Oversight, Compliance, Legal, Program Management, and Operations along with Mutual Fund Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs initial on-boarding and ongoing review of ETPs, Mutual Funds, and 529 Savings Plans products to determine suitability for Stifel's Financial Advisor and client use subject to review by senior members of the Product Management team. Review for suitability, complexity, and potential negative effects to clients and the firm.
- Documents process via on-boarding due diligence reports. Updates internal models, portal page, and internal and external materials.
- Performs analysis on product platforms using internal and external tools including Morningstar Advisor Workstation, Morningstar Direct, and resources from product partners.
- Works with Product Advice team and Operations to fulfill Financial Advisor's requests related to products.
- Educates Financial Advisors on all aspects of products.
- Develops and continually enhances knowledge of investment products and Stifel's various business areas.
- Maintains, develops, and publishes content for Stifel Portal.
- Delivers outstanding service to Financial Advisors to create an enhanced client experience.
- Special projects as assigned by the manager or senior members of the Product Management team to support department initiatives.
- B.S. or B.A. in Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- 0-1 years of professional business experience or an internship in a related Financial Services area.
- Excellent time management and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to integrate well into a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to keep up in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website