DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a ICU Step-Down Registered Nurse.
At Summerville Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family, and other members of the health care team, the ICU Step-Down Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the nursing department. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.What you will do in this role:
- You will understand patients with critical illness and vent management. You will have the ability to respond to Code Blue within the facility and initiate protocol, special procedures and cardiac monitoring
- You will manage efficient flow of patients including screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care, and arranging or testing and admissions
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions
- You will maintain and review patients' records including posting tests and examination results
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will check rooms daily for necessary supplies
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is preferred and required to be obtained within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification must be complete within 90 days of hire or transfer date.
- Prior acute care Registered Nurse experience preferred
Summerville Medical Center is a 120+ bed hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics and women's service, including “home-like” birthing suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic, reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries. Summerville Medical Center is a five-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019 report to the Nation.
The city of Summerville is where charm and southern hospitality blend gracefully with a modern and progressive atmosphere. Summerville, SC is rich in history with a focus on economic development that preserves the past while building for the future. Summerville is recognized as a nurturing community, where children can grow and develop. Minutes from historical Charleston and the beaches, our world-class sports venues and superior schools make Summerville truly a special place to work, live and play.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Summerville Medical Center, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Medical Surgical Oncology RN opening. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website