Talladega Superspeedway was created as a palace of speed in 1969 by NASCAR founder Bill France, Sr., who coined it “the Greatest Race Track in the World.” At a mammoth 2.66-miles with 33 degrees of banking in the turns, it is NASCAR's Most Competitive venue. The “Fun” track prides itself on being family friendly, especially with the introduction of the Talladega Garage Experience in 2019 where guests are immersed into motorsports like never before. The host of two major NASCAR weekends a year, the iconic ribbon of asphalt is easy accessible off I-20, located between Birmingham, AL, and Atlanta, GA.NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join Facility Operations Team in the position of General Maintenance based at Talladega Superspeedway in Talladega, Alabama. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Head Mechanic with various equipment services and repairs
- Maintains and test the overall condition of the facility equipment
- Change fluids and lubricates equipment and related components
- Welds, cuts and fabricates various metals
- Operate and maintain the fleet of Jet Dryers and other track equipment
- Travel to other tracks with the Jet Dryer for races
- Uses hand and power tools for various maintenance and equipment repairs
- Operate and maintain a fleet of tractors and mowers
- Keeps service records and reports logged into the system
- Basic computer skills are necessary
- Fence repair/safer barrier repair/asphalt repairs and installation
- Minor construction projects that come up
- Assist with routine electrical and plumbing repairs
- Provides general housekeeping to maintain a safe and clean facility
- Performs other duties assigned by the Director of Operations
- Hours will vary but will include all hours of operation, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary to attend events and to fulfill job responsibilities. Acceptance of work hours customary in the field of sport/entertainment is necessary.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and high, precarious places. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions, risk of electric shock, vibration and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud but can be very loud at times.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Alabama driver's license is required.
- A minimum Class B CDL is required or will have to be obtained.
- 5 years of mechanic experience is required.
- 5 years of welding experience is required.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.
Apply on company website