Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded, Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (UWASH) Activity in Ethiopia. The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to support accelerated access to inclusive and resilient water supply, sanitation, and hygiene services in targeted urban and peri-urban areas. The Activity will work to fulfill this purpose through four complementary objectives: 1) strengthen Government of Ethiopia urban WASH planning, budgeting and service delivery oversight; 2) strengthen the operationalization of an independent regulator; 3) enable and professionalize public and private WASH service providers; and 4) extend WASH services to poor and marginalized households.
Working under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Party-Operations, the Director of Administration and Finance will be responsible for the project's financial management, HR, procurement, and administration. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Addis Ababa.
* Under the direction of the DCOP-Operations, supervise a team of administrative and financial professionals. Provide leadership, supervise and mentor local administrative and financial staff to effect sound project management, fiscal and administrative due diligence, and the development of organizational and individual capacities
* Identify and implement changes in administrative and financial policies and procedures that will enhance the cost effectiveness of program implementation.
* Execute budgeting procedures and tools outlined in Tetra Tech's Standard Operating Procedures that require technical units to provide adequate advance notice of support needs to financial, administrative, logistical, HR, and procurement units.
* Ensure compliance of project financial operations with USAID, and Tetra Tech Home Office administrative policies and guidelines.
* Respond to pertinent information requests from project partners and other relevant organizations/institutions.
* Advise the Senior Management Team on all policy matters concerning project financial management.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in business administration, finance, accounting, or another relevant field; Master's degree preferred.
* Minimum of eight (8) years of demonstrated experience in financial management and administration; grants experience strongly preferred;
* Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a supervisory role related to accounting, payroll, procurement, subcontracts, and/or logistical support services;
* Demonstrated experience providing contractual and financial oversight to USAID or other donor-funded projects of similar size and complexity;
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
* Detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols;
* Accounting/audit certifications highly preferred;
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software required;
* Professional proficiency in English and Amharic is required.
* Qualified applicants from Ethiopia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website