Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Director of Grants and Contracts position on a USAID funded program in Afghanistan.
The purpose of the anticipated activity Women's Empowerment and Civil Society is to build upon USAID's previous women's empowerment projects and draw key lessons learned from other civil society activities implemented in the country and well as recent national assessments. It will be a nationwide project which will work with Civil Society Organizations(CSOs) and women rights activists from across the 34 provinces of Afghanistan.
The Director of Grants and Contracts will:
* Work under the direction of the Chief of Party, manage the overall functions of the grants, contracts departments;
* Manages disbursement of grantees under grants program to be consistent with all relevant policies and procedures;
* Oversee Grant and Contract departments, and local subcontracting processes to ensure that the standard Tetra Tech, and USAID contract and grant processes are followed;
* Develop and ensure proper adherence to anti-fraud systems, processes and procedures and ensure that any deviations from those guidelines is met with appropriate action;
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience and proven experience managing complex programs in Afghanistan. Additionally, she/he should possess:
* Advanced degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or similar field required;
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in grant, contract management and administration; and contractual technical assistance services experience also highly desirable;
* At least 3-5 years of working experience in a senior supervisory role related to accounting, payroll, procurement and logistical support services. Direct experience in a senior supervisory role in Afghanistan strongly preferred;
* Knowledge of relevant Afghan regulations and procedures strongly preferred;
* Work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to USAID-funded projects of similar size and complexity;
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
* Detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols;
* Accounting/audit certifications highly preferred;
* Advanced Excel skills and experience is required;* Proficiency in Dari and Pashtu preferred.
Apply on company website