Tetra Tech provides best-in-class energy consulting services for clients worldwide. Our work advances clean energy to achieve climate and decarbonization goals; creates sustainable utilities and modern grids; and promotes gender equality and economic inclusivity at the energy nexus.
Call for Energy Sector Experts
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? Tetra Tech seeks accomplished, dynamic talent to join our Africa-based power team. At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Position Summary and Job Purpose:
Tetra Tech is seeking energy sector experts based in sub-Saharan Africa to join our team. Applicants will be considered as potential employees or independent contractors on a part-time or full-time basis. Applicants should be mid- to senior-level experts with experience in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Climate change mitigation and/or adaptation
- Competitive power procurements
- Decarbonization strategies
- Energy efficiency
- Energy economics
- Energy policy and regulation
- Energy storage
- Environmental compliance and assessments (for energy projects)
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion
- Finance and tariff specialists
- Health and Safety
- IT platform/software development specialists
- Natural gas
- Off-grid power solutions
- Power sector planning (policies and tools), systems and regulations
- Renewable energy development, to include feasibility, due diligence, or deal structuring
- Power Pools
- Transmission and/or distribution engineering
- Utility improvement and transformation specialists
Essential KSA's Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field, such as engineering, physics, business, finance, economics, law, public policy or similar field.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the energy sector.
- Experience supporting energy projects in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ability to build effective relationships with peers, supervisors, clients, and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of working in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills).
Valued but not required KSAs:
- A master's degree in a related field.
- Prior experience working with/for donor organizations, multilateral development banks, national government, international organizations and foundations, and/or electric utilities.
- Fluency in French and/or Portuguese
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 154 ESI
Apply on company website