Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is seeking an experienced Process/Mechanical Engineer for design of projects involving water treatment design, primarily coal mine drainage. The successful candidate will provide engineering and technical support, working with a group of other design engineers.
• Sizing of equipment such as vessels, pump, water/wastewater treatment process equipment, pipelines, heat exchangers, control valves and pressure safety valves (PSVs)
• Design and sizing of piping and pumps
• Developing Process documents such as Process Design Basis (PDBs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), mass balances, sequences of operation
• Interfacing with other engineering disciplines, clients, and vendors
• Developing cost estimates
• Proposal preparation
• Author Operating Manuals, treatability studies, design memorandums and other technical reports
• Facilitating and/or participating in process hazards analysis studies/sessions
• Other duties may be assigned
• BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, or extensive experience performing similar work with a degree in another engineering discipline.
• At least 10 years of relevant water/wastewater treatment experience is required. Preference will be given to experience with coal mine drainage treatment.
• Successful candidate will have experience in commissioning and startup of processing equipment.
• Experience in working with and directing interdisciplinary design teams
• Advanced degree of at least MS is preferred.
• Professional Engineer registrations in at least Pennsylvania is required. Additional states registration is a plus.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical documents and procedures, and government regulations.
• Ability to write detailed reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information, communicate, and respond to questions from groups of coworkers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Must be computer literate and competent in MS Word and Excel. Capability in other Microsoft Office suite products is desired.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 212 OGA
Apply on company website