Fort Worth, TX
Salary Range: Min $26.50/hour- Max $50.40/hour; commensurate with years of working experience.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, a Magnet facility, is currently in search of a Registered Nurse for our Acute Medical unit. Our 38 bed Acute Medical unit is a cohesive team environment that improves the quality of care for the medical patient. Patients are admitted to this floor for multiple acute chronic diseases such as TB, GI, Pneumonia, Dialysis, Ortho as well as trachs, isolations and cardiac overflow. It is a monitored floor with 12 Tele Beds.
*No Lift Environment – unit has been recognized for not having employee injuries for 10 years
Manager awarded Leadership of Excellence Award for 2015 which was nominated by peers
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
- 2019 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” 5 years in a Row
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
- Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
- Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
- Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
- On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
- Company Volunteer days
- Nursing Career Ladder and much more
- Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
- BSN preferred.
- RNs hired after January, 2014, require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date. RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
- One year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon Hire.
- Current AHA BLS training upon Hire.
- A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Patient assessment and time management skills
- Must be a team player, have good communication skills and able to work in fast paced environment Effective in managing multiple acute chronic disease processes.
1+ years Med/Surg experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Prefer strong med/surg experience including charge/preceptor skills
- CPI within 60 days of Hire
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Apply on company website