The Payroll Accounting team is responsible for recording all payrolls and pay related activity to the general ledger (70+ payrolls per month for consolidating, corporate managed and franchise locations). This is accomplished through daily, monthly and quarterly activities along with other related projects and tasks all associated with certifying all pay and pay related activity is accounted for accurately. This position will share in the following responsibilities:
• Record field and Support Center payrolls
• Calculate monthly bonuses for all field management
• Prepare monthly accruals for activity incurred prior to but paid after the period-end date
• Maintain and support reserves of significant value (paid out quarterly and annually)
• Miscellaneous journal entries and other monthly/quarterly close responsibilities
• Monthly income statement fluctuation analysis
• Complete monthly/quarterly balance sheet reconciliations as assigned
• Participate in and sometimes initiate fact-finding activities associated with reconciling items
• Cross train across all payroll accounting activities
• Assist with quarterly and annual external and internal audit requests
• Provide legendary support to field and support center partners
• Partner with other teams on various Payroll reconciliation opportunities to both develop and implement solutions and efficiencies
• Annual process narrative and disaster recovery review for accuracy
• Complete and participate in process improvement and other special projects as needed
• Maintain confidentiality of nonpublic information (Insider)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Texas Roadhouse® is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting (consideration will be given to four year degree in other area of study with compensating experience)
Experience: 1-2 years accounting experience (some experience with payroll activities a plus)
Computer Skills: Proficiency with MS Excel, Word and Outlook; Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, Ultipro, Atlas, Hyperion and/or Cadency a plus.
This job description includes essential functions and basic duties and is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as appropriate. This document is not a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Apply on company website