The Canal Club is the hottest new restaurant on the Scottsdale resort scene...be a part of culinary history in the making in our gorgeous, community oriented, Havana themed property!
Summary of Position:
The Line Cook is responsible for preparation, set-up, and maintenance of all meat, fish, poultry, and other food items prepared in the broiler and sauté station for The Canal Club restaurant. We're currently looking for both an AM and PM Line Cook.
- Prepare daily requisition for supplies and food items
- Prepare all food items according to specific recipes or as specified on guest checks.
- Visually inspect, select, and use only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of menu items
- Check and control the proper storage of product, especially on specific cuts of meat.
- Keep all refrigeration and storage areas clean and organized, complying with health department regulations
- Keep all working areas clean and organized, complying with health department standards
- Other supportive functions as determined by the Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred
Experience: Minimum 3 years cooking experience in a similar environment required. Broiler and sauté experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, i.e. sauces, stocks, and cooking procedures
- Knowledge of the acceptable standards of sanitation
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc…
- Ability to butcher fish and/or meat
- Basic mathematical skills to prepare recipes
- Ability to understand and comply with all Health Department standards
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized work space, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language in order to properly document incidents and activities utilizing Perspective Software.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.
Apply on company website