Position Overview: Guided by the comprehensive knowledge of nursing theory and practice, applies the nursing process and is accountable for the coordination of health care services in the Clinic and Infirmary of the residents of Children's Village during an assigned tour of duty. Also services as the School Nurse for Day Students in Greenburgh 11 school District as needed.
Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Participates in the admission process. Nursing assessment is based on the interview, examination, observation and review of records of the resident. Notifies psychiatrist of admission.
- Provides nursing assessment, triage, first aid and treatment to residents seen in the clinic for routine and emergency care. Responds to emergencies.
- Provides/delegates comprehensive nursing care for residents in the infirmary.
- Transcribes medical orders. Processes medications from pharmacy, administers and documents medications and treatments.
- Administers medication in cottages, clinic and infirmary.
- Checks and maintains emergency equipment.
- Assigns, supervises and directs L.P.N. and medical aides in providing medical care to residents, including medical trips.
- Provides nursing assessment, triage, first aid treatment to Children's Village employees. If needed will coordinate appropriate medical referral.
- Provides health education as needed.
- Communicates resident's medical needs and interventions to appropriate medical and cottage staff.
- Responsible to coordinate care of therapeutic holds.
- Supports orientation of new medical staff.
- Time management meets the needs of the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing program
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in New York State
- CPR Certified preferred
- Pediatric, psychiatric or emergency experience preferred.
Apply on company website