The Section Chief provides technical and regulatory oversight to their specified area of the laboratory. The Section Chief ensures optimal workflow and quality results in their section. The Section Chief works with the Lead Tech to ensure adherence to all regulatory standards. The Section Chief will work to ensure the section provides diagnostic results needed by providers to care for patients. The Section Chief is responsible for meeting all regulatory requirements, the financial viability/budget for their area as well as participating in QA activities including but not limited to the Laboratory Quality Assurance Committee. This position is responsible for training associates and ensuring competency assessments are documented in a timely manner. This position will aid the laboratory management team in preparing for the future and recommending technology that can meet both economic and workflow standards for the organization.
- Preferred MT ASCP certification
- NYS CLT license required as of 9/2006
- Required B.S. in Medical Technology, or B.S. chemical, biological or physical science with at least one year of pertinent lab experience, or 90 semester hours in an accredited college meeting NYS MT specific criteria with at least one year of experience or training covering several fields of medical lab work.
- 4 years of clinical lab experience required.
- Broad based section experience, background in LIS functions, project management, supervisory experience, fiscal accountability, familiarity with CPT codes and billing processes preferred.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website