What will you do?
- The Recreation Therapist is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of therapeutic programming to ensure therapeutic results and in accordance with the policies and procedures of UR Medicine Thompson Health and federal/state/local laws and regulations.
- You also will supervise all participating Continuing Care Center volunteers, recreation therapy assistances and residents in collaboration with the Therapy Manager and the Director of Volunteers to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
Provides organization & implementation of programs to meet the recreation needs of residents, participants and patients.
- Supervise and assist with recreational therapy for residents Carry out therapeutic recreation individual treatment plans
- Document all changes and factors related to the residents ability to engage in therapeutic recreation Identify and report to the Recreation Therapy Manager, Recreation Therapy Coordinator, and/or Nurse Manager any problems with residents or with Policies and Procedures.
- Strong Music background essential.
- Energetic and creative individual demonstrating leadership qualities in a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist / Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Certified Nurse Assistant, or equivalent credentials preferred.
- Able to work day and evening shift including rotating weekends.
- Bachelors Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or human service concentration preferred with a minimum of three years experience. C.N.A. experience an asset.
- Recent education in related regulatory compliance and current industry topics preferred.
- Equivalent education will be considered.
Experience: Past experience working with the senior population. Dementia care and/or programming experience preferred.
- days as needed, possible weekends.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Apply on company website