DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a
Charge (RN) Registered Nurse Emergency Room.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball – Tomball, TX
Charge (RN) Registered Nurse Emergency Room (ER) FT Nights 7p-7a
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is a 350-bed offering a wide variety of services, including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, orthopedics, and robotic surgery.
The hospital's 150-acre campus also features The Tomball Regional Orthopedic Center, The Women's Center, Texas Sports Medicine Center, and The Heart and Vascular Center. For more information about HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball, visit www.HCAhoustonhealthcare.com.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division.
The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.What you will do in this role:
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: Provides general nursing care to assigned patients.
- Acts as a liaison between hospital staff, physician, patient, and family members.
- Administers medication in a safe, knowledgeable and accurate manner. Follows laws, regulations, and hospital policy as it relates to controlled substances.
- Assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care for assigned patients, including discharge planning, utilizing an interdisciplinary team approach.
- Assists the physician with examinations, tests and procedures.
- Carries out physician orders in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Communicates with Manager/Director to facilitate efficient operation of the unit.
- Completes and demonstrates proficiency with unit based clinical and age-appropriate nursing competencies.
- Complies with applicable hospital policy/procedure.
- Coordinates patient care activities on the unit (assignments, review orders, physician rounds, and patient flow).
- Accurately documents in the patient's record a description of the nursing care provided.
- Ethics and Compliance. Accountable for behaviors relative to the values articulated in the Mission & Values Statement – “Will act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.” Accountable for attending annual Code of Conduct training.
- Monitors and observes the patient and accurately records changes in condition and reaction to medications and treatment.
- Notifies appropriate individuals of changes in condition and utilizes the established chain of command when necessary.
- Participates in hospital performance improvement activities to improve safety and patient outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Plans and coordinates patient/family teaching and assesses understanding of information provided.
- Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork by exhibiting professional behavior that demonstrates a commitment to the provision of quality patient care and support of a professional working environment.
- Provides care and treatment that reflects appropriate infection control techniques and universal precautions.
- Provides orientation, education, and serves as a mentor for staff members.
- Respects the patient's privacy and maintains confidentiality of health care and other information.
- Respects the rights of patients to include their cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Responsible for knowing and complying with the rules and regulations relating to the education, licensure and practice of the professional nurse as set forth in the Nurse Practice Act, Texas Occupations Code and/or other statutes and regulations relating to the practice of professional nursing.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the hospital.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing is required.
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners as an RN.
- Three (3) years of Critical Care in ICU or Emergency Room experience is required in a hospital setting.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support), ACLS, TNCC, NIH and PALS/ENPC certification required.
- Candidates without NIH, TNCC or PALS/ENPC are eligible for employment but must complete certification within six (6) months from date of hire.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our Talent Acquisition Team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website