About the Role:
You will manage all projects assigned by the Vice President of Store Development, including: new store construction projects (both as-is projects and turnkey/build-to-suit projects), remodels, refreshes, and resets, and other special projects, from project creation to completion through our teams, consultants, vendors and regulatory officials. You will ensure our stores are built following company plans and specifications and the approved construction documents and ensures projects are delivered on time and within budget. You will manage multiple construction projects at one time with many varying timelines, project scopes and construction budgets. You may also directly oversee 3rd party project management firms, perform cost estimating, prototype development, and unique, non-prototypical stores. You will assist the Vice President of Store Development with planning and analysis activities, including project forecasting and cash flow management of all active and future projects and statistical analysis of historical construction costs and schedule timelines. You will report to the Vice President of Store Development.
- Manage new store and remodel construction within your assigned territory including coordinating with Landlord's representatives
- Plan all project work, including bidding projects and creating a bid summary, contract administration, scheduling and holding/attending pre-design and pre-construction meetings, construction project management
- Coordinate with all partners involved in the development of new stores and remodeling of existing stores to ensure project goals are met
- Manage vendor performance scorecards to measure results and make recommendations for future work
- Manage quality control of construction projects, perform punch list with developer and general contractor, and resolves all punch list issues
- Manage inspections for Certificate of Occupancy to open and other permitting
- Be a construction representative for the prototype design, oversee cost estimates of the current prototype develop estimates for ongoing special internal projects
- Oversee onboarding and management of assigned 3rd party project management firms.
- Assist the Vice President in project assignments, tracking project progress through closeout, and ensure adherence to company procedures
- Rate and manage scorecard results and provide feedback to provide excellent customer service
You will come with
- 4 Year Architectural or Engineering degree or a degree in Construction Management or equivalent combinations of technical training
- 10 + years' experience in commercial building construction as a Project Manager, or equivalent for a retailer, or developer
- Have work experience in retail store construction and experience in multi-project, simultaneous multi-site construction
- Successful collaboration and management of diverse teams
- Can read and interpret construction documents, building plans, change orders, and construction contracts
- Experience in Word, Excel, Smart Sheet
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More. Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.
Apply on company website