DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
TriStar Centennial Medical Center – Nashville, TN Patient Care Technician
*$3,000 Sign On Bonus Offered* Part of the TriStar family of hospitals
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women's services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center's 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Centennial Women's Hospital, The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion.
Centennial Medical Center is currently looking for a Patient Care Technician
Shift: Full Time Days (rotating weekends)
Department: 7Tower Neuro Benefit Highlights:
- Training and Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a CFP
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Patient Care Technician
The Patient Care Tech (PCT) I is able to function in the role of both the Unit Secretary as well as a Nurse Technician. The PCT I promotes customer service initiatives; answers telephones and public inquiries appropriately; processes orders accurately; conveys STAT orders to appropriate personnel immediately; maintains patient charts; maintains par levels of supplies; and follows directions as necessary to ensure the workflow of the department. In addition, the PCT I demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, demonstrates knowledge in patient care techniques, and care of patients appropriate to ages of patients served. The PCT I has the ability to gather data, perform technical skills and procedures, documenting patient care, as appropriate, in a descriptive, non-judgmental way. The PCT I performs vital signs, ambulates the patient, assists patients to the chair and bathroom (as appropriate), performs accuchecks, and works under the direction of the patient's assigned nurse when performing nurse tech duties.
General Essential Functions:
- Responds to patients and visitors seeking assistance as needed
- Supports the facility's Standards of Performance and ICARE values with customer service
- Enters patient orders as directed /needed
- Follows the direction of the nurse to meet the needs of the patient
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living as needed
- Orders and stocks supplies
- Organizes supplies /equipment
- Obtain blood glucose levels as assigned by the RN
- Build Admission Kits and Admission folders and stock appropriately
- Cleans work area and equipment
- Answers telephone and patient call lights
- Conduct daily rounds in patient rooms to check BP cuffs and label appropriately
- Conduct daily rounds in patient rooms to check status of white boards
- Fill patient water pitchers at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Interacts with patients/ families /other staff and departments
- Maintains visitor waiting room needs
- Reports to Manager/ ANM
- Takes direction from CN/ RN
Work environment – requires independent, self-motivated, reliable and dependable team member. We have a very healthy work environment with a focus on work-life balance. Fabulous team members!!!
HCA- Click to learn more
“There is so much good to do in the world and so many ways to do it.” -Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Co-Founder
1. Current BLS required
2. Customer service skills with all work relationships and patients/visitors
3. Demonstrated experience with each of the required areas of expertise in section I
4. Demonstration of competency in providing basic patient care
5. Certified Nurse Aid (CNT) in State of Tennessee Required or Must be a student enrolled in an RN program with completion of Fundamentals of Nursing or one year of school. A student who discontinues their nursing school program is required to obtain a Nurse Aide in the State of TN within 30 days of their discontinuation of the program and will be required to transfer to a PCT I position.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website