NEW! $20,000 Sign-on bonus for RN's joining Centennial's Med. Surg. Staff on Nights. Must have at least 1 year RN experience. $5,000 Relocation assistance for those further than 50 miles!
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At TriStar Centennial Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) RN Neuro Med Surg to join our healthcare family.Benefits
TriStar Centennial Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
EDUCATION ASSISTANCE: Paid tuition, student loan assistance on current loans, certification support, and dependent scholarships.
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Click here >>> Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At TriStar Centennial Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN Neuro Med Surg opportunity.Job Summary and Qualifications
Medical Surgical Neuro Nurse
The Registered Nurse performs direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice. Maintains a safe therapeutic environment. Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient. Registered Nurse plans individualized patient care while utilizing an interdisciplinary approach. Participates in performance improvement activities. Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital's mission and vision statement.
When acting in charge nurse role, registered nurses are responsible for day-to-day activities to ensure the delivery of quality patient care in a therapeutic environment. Make staff assignments based on patient need, acuity and the skill of the staff. Serve as role models and clinical resource for the staff. Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or follow-up with physician, staff or patient issues.
What you will do in this role:
- You will assess plans and evaluate the patients care needs and will carry out physician orders.
- You will administer prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- You will monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- You will instruct and educate patients and families as part of part of a Multidisciplinary Care Planning team.
What qualifications you will need:
- Registered Nurse from accredited school of nursing
- Current Licensure with Tennessee Board of Nursing
- Current BLS
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- One year of clinical nursing experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 740+ bed comprehensive facility. We offer medical and surgical programs. These include behavioral health and 24-hour emergency. These also include heart and vascular and imaging. These also include neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women's services. We are an affiliate of TriStar Health. TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 43-acre campus. We are home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center. We are home to TriStar Centennial Women's Hospital. Our campus includes The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center, TriStar Centennial Advanced Joint Replacement Institute and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Neuro Med Surg opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website