HCA is now offering a $20,000 sign on bonus for this role!
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Division Director Laboratory Services today with Tristar Health.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Tristar Health, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Division Director Laboratory Services. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The primary responsibilities of the Division Director of Laboratory Services:
- Coordinates with Service Line leadership to provide assessment and consulting services to Division and Facility leadership for HCA facilities. Provides consultative services to other HBP service lines, as needed.
- Directs activities in one or more HCA Hospitals on matters related to the provision of quality, efficient and cost effective services.
- With an emphasis on collaboration, implements strategies and tactics to promote the development of team members.
- Executes operational assessments as directed.
- Manages multiple engagements concurrently, including: management of division laboratory activities, on site interviews, current state process improvement, utilization analysis, operating model implementations, current state/future gap analysis, financial analysis and budgeting, and billing analyses.
- Knowledgeable and capable of working with key stakeholder groups to coordinate activities including other Service Line resources, Division leadership, medical director (pathology), Performance Improvement, laboratory leaders, Supply Chain, etc.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with other operating groups within HCA such as IT&S, Supply Chain, etc.
- Communicate regularly as required, (weekly, biweekly or monthly) for operating reports MORs with the Service Line leadership, Division Presidents, Division CFOs and the Divisions' hospitals' CEOs.
- Ensure all internal approvals prior to executing recommendations.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Supports the Laboratory Service Line to execute on laboratory service opportunities in assigned division including:
- Implementation of laboratory test (ordering), facility test menu, and equipment platform formularies, as well as other Service Line objectives.
- Coordination/centralization of laboratory services within geographic region.
- Optimization of market based contracting and adherence to HPG/HCA contracts.
- Reference testing vendor selection and utilization.
- Assessment of client and commercial outreach business profitability.
- Billing compliance and charge capture.
- Assists in implementing best practices regarding laboratory quality and operations.
- Ensures facility laboratory readiness for ongoing successful regulatory accreditation.
Works collaboratively with all levels of HCA, Service Lines, Divisions, and Hospital leadership to assess and identify options.
Thrives in a matrixed environment.
Utilizes sophisticated processes and systems to gather and analyze critical information required to conduct a thorough assessment and develop comprehensive recommendations.
Reviews all recommendations with Service Line leadership to ensure alignment with Service Line strategy and presents sophisticated presentations to relevant stakeholder groups.
Understands the critical nature of laboratory services that are vital to the operations of HCA Hospitals and that failure to perform the duties of this position and result in the disruption and delay of vital patient care services.
Leads the development and training of a team of high functioning laboratory directors who can assist in the execution of the duties delineated herein.
Continually monitors and stays abreast of legislative and regulatory changes affecting laboratory services.
Takes initiative to develop steps and processes in an effort to proactively identify areas of opportunity.
Interacts with Physician leadership to ensure practice business needs are met and performance is sustainable.
Communicates the Laboratory Services suite of services effectively throughout all levels of the organization and represents the Service Line in professional manner.
Executes the strategic direction of the Service Line, Division, and Hospitals' CEOs.
Interacts on a regular basis with Division and facility leadership to ensure their services and clinical operations needs are met:
- Works with Service Line and Division Leadership assess ability of operating models or partnerships to meet HCA enterprise financial and operational goals.
- Manages financial performance to budget and prior period trends and understands causes of variances.
- Resolving any clinical quality/operational/financial issues in a timely manner.
- Keeps lines of communication open between Division Leadership and the Service Line.
- Recommends corrective action as required to eliminate negative variances.
Meets regularly with direct reports to ensure their effective involvement in Service Line, division and facility strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or Laboratory Science is required.
- Master's Degree or above Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration or other applicable field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in laboratory, at a Director level and/or laboratory consulting
- Effective working knowledge of healthcare systems management, hospital/laboratory management, healthcare financial management and third-party reimbursement issues and clinical operations.
Integrated Regional Labs is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories present in four HCA Healthcare divisions within the state of Florida. Our core laboratories support more than 250 acute and rehab hospitals, physician practices, surgery centers and commercial accounts.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Division Director Laboratory Services opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.This position is incentive eligible.
Apply on company website