The Restaurant Manager is responsible for directly supporting the Restaurant Director in the day to day operation of the restaurant; including supporting concept development and special event planning, maintaining consistent manager presence on the floor and interaction with guests and associates. Help ensure the highest levels of associate, guest and financial satisfaction are achieved while maintaining service standards. Uphold policies and procedures, monitoring service flow.
Qualifications and Physical/Mental Requirements
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- The ability to follow payroll and key sign out procedures.
- The ability to offer any assistance possible to guests & associates.
- The ability to respond properly to any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- Comply with TIHTC work rules and standards per the associate handbook and as directed by management.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and management.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time (8hrs) and produce results & maintain focus in a very fast, high stress environment.
Specific Position Requirements
- Four year college degree or equivalent work experience (degree Hotel Management, Business or Management preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years progressive experience in a fine dining restaurant strongly preferred.
- Background in F&B outlets, operations. Fine dining.
- Thorough knowledge of first class food and beverage operations & cost controls.
- Thorough knowledge of imported and domestic wines, alcoholic beverages and mixers
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of service
- Exceptional verbal communication skills to negotiate and persuade staff and guests to achieve results beneficial to the Hotel
- Ability to maintain excellent relations with all staff
- A good knowledge of the products and regions represented by our wine program.
- Been exposed to and worked with wine lists that are truly international in scope and content.
- An interest in expanding their professional horizons by
attending courses, seminars and by visiting wineries and wine producing regions.
- A real interest at continuously keeping themselves updated and abreast of the latest trends and developments in the wine industry.
- The experience of working with an international clientele and the ability to understand and capitalize on their different wine tastes and preferences.
- Monitor productivity of all of the restaurant
- Generate financial statements and reports as required
- Select and supervise department staff
- Offer support in other F&B outlets as needed
- Support maximum profitability
- Establish and implement objectives for the department
- Handle guest complaints
- Ensure Hotel philosophy concerning hiring, associate relations, supervision and discipline are met
- Train, motivate, evaluate, mentor and direct associates and managers to meet desired ends
- Supervise department meetings and attend general or executive meetings as required
- Act as Manager on Duty (MOD)
- Perform tasks as directed by management
- Monitor wine & spirits for the restaurant
- Traceable and proven experience in wine sales working in fast pace five star environments.
- The ability to describe wine and beverage products in a way that is convincing, pleasant and attractive.
- The ability to up-sell.
- The ability to explore and close on windows of opportunity for increased sales (i.e. birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions).
- Manage a station in the dining room by providing great
wine service and taking advantage of all opportunities to increase beverage sales.
- Conduct Wine Tastings for our guests.
- Conduct Wine Training Sessions for Restaurant and Bar staff.
- Decant properly older vintages, with the showmanship and standards required by traditional wine service.
- Pair wines with food, recommending those that will
complement the different styles of cuisine and the different methods of food preparation.
- Organize their mis-en-place before every meal in order to ensure proper service.
- Adheres to all local and state laws regarding the responsible serving of alcohol.
Ability to obtain Tips/BASSET certification
ServSafe City of Chicago certification strongly preferred (ability to obtain certification if directed by the company)
Apply on company website