Housekeeping (GRA) Guest Room Attendant
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Housekeeping / Housekeeping Manager
Date written/ revised: April 2019
The Guest Room Attendant is responsible to maintain a high standard of cleanliness in guest rooms by ensuring they are properly supplied and free of maintenance problems in accordance with Hotel, Corporate, and local standards. This position must adhere to all safety procedures, as well as follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation. The Guest Room Attendant must deliver prompt and courteous service to guests, ensuring all guest experiences are distinctively supreme.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Cleans guestrooms including such duties as bed making, vacuuming, mopping, removing soiled linen and trash, and wiping down or dusting surfaces.
- Replenishes all guest amenities
- Cleans bathrooms by scrubbing basins, bathtubs, shower walls and doors, toilets, and tile floors with damp rags and proper chemicals when applicable.
- Cleans kitchens by scrubbing sink basins, cooktops, refrigerators/ Freezers, Ice Makers, stoves, cabinetry and tile floors with damp rags and proper chemicals when applicable.
- Places clean terry linen as required
- Tidy and Straighten all guest's personal effects to adhere to Luxury standards.
- Reports any engineering issue or room discrepancies
- Reports status of rooms clean/unclean, vacant/occupied via REX.
- Completes all duties in accordance with the room checklist.
- Follows all safety policies and guidelines of the department, Company, State or Federal authorities.
- Change light bulbs that are reachable.
- Utilizes safety equipment as required.
- Maintains high-quality functionality and aesthetic to all assigned work tools (i.e. Changing Vacuum Bags regularly, Keys, iPods, Carts), and reports any damage or discrepancies.
- Ensures all guest requests are completed as notated in the special instructions on their iPod via REX.
- Clean all lamps light fixtures and light switches; check for proper working condition. Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, frames and ledges; wash windows as assigned.
- Stocks cart with fresh amenities, terry and linen ensuring a cart is meeting both safety and aesthetic guidelines.
- Attends daily pre-shift meetings
- Able to work under pressure at a rapid pace.
- Turn over any lost and found items to the lost and found.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Trump International Hotel Las Vegas from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the industry that we are in, a need will occur for each associate to provide “Lateral Service”. Our goal is to ensure that we are maximizing customer satisfaction and as a result there will be times when our associates in the Operation will call upon us for support in order to ensure customer satisfaction occurs. When we are fortunate enough for this to occur, each associate will positively respond unless there is a chance that an opportunity resulting in dissatisfying a guest could occur. If this is the case the leader is to be notified and the level of support that is being requested will be obtained.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Provide guest service to guests, including information about hotel services, activities and local attractions.
- Assist co-workers, as requested.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to arrive to work on time and when scheduled.
- Physically able to move large objects such as: carts, large bags of linen, ironing board.
- Physically able to operate cleaning equipment such as: vacuum cleaners, brooms, spray bottles.
- Ability to read and recognize room/suite numbers.
- Ability to communicate orally and verbally in English with staff and outside entities. Certain positions will require the ability to read and write in English as well.
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to all aspects of suite.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
Frequency Key: Never – 0 hours; Rare – up to 1 hour; Occasional – 1-3 hours; Frequent – 3-6 Hours;
Constant – 6-8 hours
Physical Activity Frequency
Walking / Standing Constant
Climbing stairs Occasional
Pushing/Pulling up to 10 lbs. Frequent
Near Vision Constantly
Far Vision Constantly
Lifting/Carrying(# lbs.) Up to 75 lbs. Occasional
Assimilate into Trump International Hotel Las Vegas Cultural Foundation through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of the Trump Cornerstones. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
- Latex and / or rubber gloves
- Safety glasses
- Safety belts
- Closed toe and heel shoes with rubber soles
Associates will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
High School graduate or equivalent preferred but not necessary
6 months to 1 year cleaning experience in housekeeping or janitorial services preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
No special licenses or certificates required.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Trump International Hotel Las Vegas rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of resort facilities. Associates who violate resort rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE POSITION DESCRIPTION INFORMATION AND HEREBY STATE THAT I CAN PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION.
Apply on company website