TITLE: Massage Therapist
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
The Massage Therapist reports directly to the Spa Director and/or Assistant Spa Director or Spa Supervisor.
The Massage Therapist is responsible for providing massages and other body treatments to guests of our facility.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensures the “WTS International Experience” for guests by maintaining the standards set in WTS International Basics to Excellence (BTE), WTS International Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and WTS International Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of WTS International.
- Performs massage and body services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations.
- Performs all treatments on services menu based upon current licensure.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Meets the needs of the guest at all times throughout the service.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa service presently offered. Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to guests. Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Recommends products for home use with a minimum service to sales ratio of 5%.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Begins and ends all treatments on time.
- Works assigned schedule and arrives and departs from their shift on time.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Informs Spa Director or other management personnel about product need.
- Creates and maintains client cards and treatment notes, when appropriate.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends scheduled professional training.
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid state license in massage therapy or other credentials required by the state.
- Previous massage and body work experience.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa. Must be able to build rapport with guest.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- Must be comfortable with product recommendation
High School Diploma or GED. Must maintain all current licenses and certifications that are required on a state or local level.
Physical Requirements/Miscellaneous Requirements :
- Availability When Facility Is Open: This could include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of constantly to move objects.
- This position required the ability to balance, stoop, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift.
- This position will require the following physical requirements: fingering, grasping, tactile sense, and repetitive motions.
- The employee will be required to operate the following tools: products such as lotions and oils, other enhancement tools such as stones or hot pack
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Apply on company website