WHAT WE OFFER:
We will pay you $15.00 per hour and offer you a competitive benefits package which includes healthcare plans, dental, vision, company paid Short -Term and Long-Term disability, life insurance, a matching 4.5% 401K plan and many more property perks. Additionally, we offer an exclusive Associate/ Friends and Family Travel program. All of our associates are entitled to free on-site parking as well as golf.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Prepare and paint surfaces of building structure, furniture and equipment using proper application techniques and various products. Possess visual ability to identify colors and patterns, measure lengths and quantities and assess areas for repair. Knowledge in plaster or spackle applications, mixing paint colors to match existing colors, and applying paint to all building and equipment surfaces with brushes, rollers and spray guns is required. The ability to climb ladders and scaffolds or use a high lift to reach heights up to 30 feet is necessary. Work in confined spaces and awkward positions, requiring crouching, kneeling, stooping and reaching overhead for extended periods of time is required. Use of hand tools related to the paint trade and the ability to push and/or pull items up to 150lbs. with wheeled assistance is required
- Install and repair covered wall and ceiling surfaces throughout the facility. Knowledge of vinyl, paper, fabric, and foil wall covering of various weights is required.
- Maintain and repair caulked, grouted and masonry surfaces throughout the facility. Requires knowledge in caulking, grouting, plastering, tile setting, cinder block/brick and cement work.
- Prepare and maintain wood surfaces requiring staining, varnishing and lacquering. Apply alcohol or water based stains and develops a finished product from unstained or existing finished wood.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Performs other duties as required, ie. special orders, buffet presentation, VIP parties, writing specialty menus for promotions, etc.
- Supervises daily cleaning, inventorying of walk-in and reach-in boxes.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities, and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Considerable knowledge of paint, varnish, stain, enamels, lacquers, wall coverings, masonry work and other related products as well as application and mixing procedures of such products.
- Working knowledge of OSHA standards and application for working with chemicals.
- Basic English language communication skills in order to fully comprehend job assignments read and understand manufacturer's instructions in preparing and mixing paint or masonry products and adhere to safety warnings.
- Ability to stand for the duration of the shift while supporting additional weight of tools and materials of 80 lbs.
- Ability to push or pull objects of up to 150 lbs. in weight with wheeled assistance.
- Ability to reach in all directions while standing on a ladder, scaffolding or high lift at heights to 30 feet.
- Ability to climb stairs, scaffolding and ladders.
- Ability to grasp, lift or carry objects at least waist high weighing up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling and walking significant distances throughout the facility.
- Visual ability to include the determination of colors.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from trade school or any other combination of education training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Five years experience in application of paint and other related materials in a large organization preferred. Also, experience in simulating material finishes using paint, such as marble and wood.
Apply on company website