As an Orthopedic Surgeon with the U.S. Army Reserve health care team, you'll have the opportunity to learn the most advanced procedures and techniques performed today. From groundbreaking bionic prosthetics to regenerative bone and tissue research, the U.S. Army Medical Department is pioneering work that is changing medicine and improving the success rate of orthopedic surgery. When you join the Army Medical Corps, you'll be making a difference in the lives of our Soldiers and your community. Additionally, you'll gain access to invaluable opportunities like supporting humanitarian missions, leadership training and a competitive benefit package. Also, you may continue to work in your community and serve when needed. Join up and use your expertise to help expand the boundaries of orthopedic surgery alongside professionals who share your passion.
Benefits may include:
- Health professions special pay for physicians in eligible specialties
- A monthly stipend through the Specialized Training Assistance Program (STRAP) for physicians currently enrolled in an accredited residency program.
- Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP) which repays qualifying education loans to lending institutions
- Travel opportunities
- Enrollment in the Uniformed Services Blended Retirements System
- Low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Specialized training to become a leader in orthopedic medicine
- Doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy degree from an accredited U.S. school of medicine or osteopathy; foreign graduates may apply with permanent certificate from the Educational Council of Foreign Medical Graduates
- Current license to practice medicine in the United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Eligibility for board certification
- Completion of at least one year of an approved graduate medical education internship
- Completion of a training program in orthopedic surgery
- Between 21 and 42 years of age (waivers granted on a case-by-case basis)
- U.S. citizenship
- Permanent U.S. residency
To learn more, visit healthcare.goarmy.com/medical
Staff Sergeant, United States Army
Station Commander, Orlando Physician Recruiting Station
3401 SW 160th Ave STE 301
Miramar, FL 33027
Office: (954) 450-9920
Cell: (404) 808-6961
Serving to Heal! Honored to Serve!
As an Orthopedic Surgeon with the U.S. Army Reserve health care team, you'll have the opportunity to learn the most advanced procedures and techniq...
Apply on company website