Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:
Job Type: Temporary (Fixed Term)
Institution Name: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Department: ICE BHS NWA CSU PRI IP C
Summary of Job Duties: POSITION IS LOCATED IN FAYETTEVILLE, AR
The Patient Services Associate (PSA) is a specifically trained member of the unit based care team who provides both clerical and patient care support to the Behavioral Health Crisis Stabilization Unit in Fayetteville, AR. The PSA works under the direct supervision of the Clinical Services Manager (CSM) and under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN); performs tasks and duties for which they possess the competency that do not require a licensed practitioner. In the clerical support role, duties include assisting with processing of medical records for patient admission and discharge and receptionist for the nursing unit.
- High school, GED, or formal education equivalent
- 12 months of work experience in the health care field or service oriented position
- excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to accept and follow written and verbal instructions, ability to communicate following Guest Care guidelines
- Successful completion of the UAMS PCT and PSC courses
The PSA works under the direct supervision of the Clinical Services Manager (CSM) and the direction of the RN(s); performs tasks and duties for which they possess the competency that do not require a licensed practitioner. In the clerical support role, duties include assisting with processing of medical records for patient admission and discharge and receptionist for the nursing unit.
- Acquires initial and ongoing competencies for clinical care and clerical components
- Assists the care team in providing efficient, effective patient care
- Demonstrates competency in obtaining, maintaining and using equipment necessary for patient care and clerical support
- Documents care given according to standards
- Uses appropriate written and verbal communication
- Respects patient's privacy and confidentiality
- Takes a proactive approach towards assisting patients, visitors and other staff
- Adheres to departmental attendance standards and responds to unit staffing needs
- Adheres to UAMS safety plan
- Complies with safety instructions and observes safe work practices
- Provides input on safety issues
- May be exposed to cleaning agents, blood and body fluids. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases
- Adheres to UAMS Code of Conduct
- Adheres to Clinical Programs and PRI Departmental policies and dress code standards
- Works effectively with team/work groups to fulfill UAMS mission
- Should be familiar with, and able to access the online policies from PRI, UAMS and Nursing Service
- Participates in ongoing hospital performance assessment and process improvement
- Participates in continuing education, professional/ institutional advancement opportunities
May perform other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experience
List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Proof of Veteran Status, Resume
Required Documents to Apply:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity:
Benefits Eligible: No
Apply on company website