Senior Oracle Applications Developer
Location: Darien, IL
**No Sponsorship Available**
Oracle Applications Developer, Senior
The Information Systems Department is looking for a top-level technical contributor- Sr. Applications Develop (Oracle) to analyze, design, configure, program, debug and document system solutions. In this role, the Sr. Oracle Systems Developer will be a technical contributor with expertise in Oracle support, analysis, and development. They will be responsible for all facets of application support, enhancement and project work related to the use of the Oracle applications.
Oracle Applications Developer, Senior – Job Summary
Under general direction, the Senior Oracle Developer devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents these programs. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of Oracle programming activities. Note: This position does not perform system analysis functions.
Oracle Applications Developer, Senior – Essential Job Functions
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems.
- Designs, codes, tests, debug, and documents programs.
- May be responsible for the completion of a phase of a project.
- Provides guidance and training to less-experienced developers/programmers.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives.
Oracle Applications Developer, Senior – Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant certification in programming, Computer science and/or healthcare, business management or information systems is required.
- 5+ years' experience with systems analysis, programming in one more languages and technical design.
- Oracle programming expertise; 3-5 years of hands-on Oracle experience.
- Minimum two-year experience in technical documentation writing.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Must work well in a team environment and be able to partner with both business and technical team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills required.
- Requires strong multitasking skills; must be a self-starter and able to deliver results on a proactive and independent basis.
Oracle Applications Developer, Senior – Preferred Qualifications
- 5-7+ years of Oracle Applications experience preferred.
- Experience writing/troubleshooting interfaces and reports using SQL and PL/SQL
- Prefer experience with Oracle Applications (11.5.10 and higher).
- Configuration Experience with value add, plan setup, security rules, system changes, etc.
- Strongly prefer experience with UI Testing.
- Ability to gather business requirements and determine how to create specific custom reports.
- Demonstrated experience using Oracle Support.
- Familiarity with multiple coding interfaces; preferably Fast Formula and Custom Reports.
- Strong desire to continue learning and expanding technical knowledge.
- Experience in a health care environment helpful.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website