Patient Appointment Coordinator
This is a 743 Clerical Union position; bid dates are from 6/8/2020 - 6/14/2020
**THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN BURR RIDGE, IL**
Shift: 40 hours per week (1.0) / 5 x 8-hour shifts / 1st shift
Grade: 743 Clerical Grade 10
UCMC is committed to a patient-centric, efficient health care delivery system that focuses on quality, safety, service, and operational excellence. The Patient Appointment Coordinator (PAC) will be assigned to specialty scheduling hubs and is the employee responsible for answering and responding to telephone calls received through the main telephone lines of the ambulatory practices. The Patient Appointment Coordinator will obtain, verify, and input demographic, insurance and referring physician information as required, document messages electronically using appropriate medical terminology, triage calls per protocol and assist callers in a manner consistent with the Ideal Patient Experience approach and philosophy. The Patient Appointment Coordinator will be accountable for achieving performance and service targets and metrics.
- High School Diploma required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, management, staff and other customers
- Exceptional customer service skills including the ability to use independent thinking, sound judgment and creativity when resolving customer issues
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and effectively handle challenging situations
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Basic office skills including 35 wpm typing and 4500 key stokes an hour
- Ability to accurately and efficiently enter alpha numeric data on screen
- Ability to use personal computers and select software applications including Epic
- Successful completion of Cadence Scheduling system training and competencies
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website