Join UChicago Medicine as a Registered Respiratory Therapist!
$7,500 Sign On Bonus (Full-time positions only)
Join one of the nation's most comprehensive academic medical centers, University of Chicago Medicine, in a patient-focused and influential role as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) with our Respiratory Care Services department. The Respiratory Care Services Department is committed to providing quality individualized care for adult, pediatric and neonatal patients through the employment of highly trained (RRT) Registered Respiratory Therapists, advanced technology and defined patient protocols. Our employees deliver world-class care in an environment where opinions are respected, decision-making is rewarded and teamwork is the order of the day. Our staff is encouraged to achieve their career goals, which in turn benefits all of our patients and the University of Chicago Medicine as a whole.
Essential Job Functions
- Administers respiratory care treatments, procedures, and protocols under the direct supervision of department leadership and physician.
- Provides for patient assessment to determine cardiopulmonary status, implement appropriate patient care protocols, or to maintain/improve cardiopulmonary hemodynamic status.
- Initiates and maintains emergent and non-emergent non-invasive ventilation and invasive mechanical ventilation per department policies and protocols.
- Graduate of an approved and accredited Respiratory Care Program (at least two years in duration)
- Diploma or Certificate of Completion and Associate's Degree
- Demonstrates effective and accurate communication and documentation skills (both verbal and written communications)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by The National Board for Respiratory Care
- Licensed by The State of Illinois as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Basic Life Support Healthcare provider certification (American Heart Association)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification; PALS Certification; or ACLS Certification preferred, depending upon patient care area assigned and the primary patient populations served
- Job Type/FTE: 0.9 FTE
- Shift: 12 Hr Nights
- Unit/Department: Respiratory Therapy - Adults
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- Click here to learn more about UChicago Medicine
- Click here to learn more about our benefits
- Click here to explore other career opportunities at UChicago Medicine
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website