UMC's Mission, Vision and Standards Include:
Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
Magnet Designated 501 licensed beds Regions only Level I Trauma Center Regions only BICU DNV accredited Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- GTSCU is a 29 bed Medical/Surgical unit. We have two primary focuses on GTSCU; one on the Geriatric Trauma patient age 60 years or older who has sustained a trauma and the other on the palliative care patient; our goal is to provide relief of suffering that may occur at many points during a disease process. Patients assigned to GTSCU are received primarily from the Emergency Center and ICU's. GTSCU was developed as a result of Best Practice and Research that indicates that a shorter length of stay decreases morbidity and mortality in the elderly hospitalized patient that sustained a trauma. GTSCU also serves a quiet and peaceful environment for patients and families as we care for their loved one who may be at the end of life. The nursing staff on GTSCU are trained to care for patients at the end of life as well as those who will be discharged home or to other facilities.
- CNAs are responsible for providing basic patient care under the supervision of a nurse. The duties generally include observing patients, recording vital signs, performing EKGs, and reporting changes in patient conditions.
- Applicant has completed Nurse Aide course and presents Nurse Aide Certification.
- Must maintain a current BLS certification from American Heart Association
- UMC Hospital Orientation & Nursing Orientation
- Unit specific orientation to be determined by the hiring department
- Orientation length is individually based and will be determined by Director
- Health Insurance with Low Deductibles, Low Premiums, and Comprehensive Coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Paid Time Off (Sell Back Option of Unused PTO over 80 hours Twice a Year)
- 403b Retirement with up to 8% match with tenure
- Free Life Insurance
- Tax Saving Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and/or Dependent Care
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website