UMC's Mission, Vision and Standards Include:
Vision Statement: To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
Mission Statement: Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
Standards of Excellence: Attitude, Communication, Responsiveness, Compassion, Teamwork, Ownership, Safety and Respect
Magnet Designated 501 licensed beds Regions only Level I Trauma Center Regions only BICU DNV accredited Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
Registered Nurse (RN) – Med-Surg Intermediate Critical Care Unit (MSICCU)
- The Med- Surg ICCU is a new state of the art 29-bed intermediate critical care inpatient unit that prides itself in providing patient centered family care to adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient populations. The mission of this unit will be to provide the utmost quality of care to patients and families along with physician collaboration to those patients that require a higher level of care but do not fit the care needs that an intensive care setting provides. Highlighting a care model that places focus on nurses delivering exceptional care and emphasizes a Primary Care Nursing model with nurse-to-patient ratios ideally 3:1. A nurse on our care team will be encouraged to grow and learn in a supportive team-oriented environment where each individual is satisfied, energized, and productive. Nurses will be dynamic in knowledge and skill as our patient's service lines are diverse, and will support the delivery of care model that UMC embodies. Nurses serving in this unit can precipitate caring for patients with these conditions but certainly not limited to the following: post neurological trauma/intervention, post stroke with and without intervention, post/trauma surgical and orthopedic, acute GI bleed controlled with intervention and hemodynamically stable, DKA, advanced pulmonary patients requiring CPAP, BiPAP, high-flow oxygen, or mechanical ventilation whom are medically stable, continuous intermediate cardiac and hemodynamic monitoring, and patients requiring nursing interventions every 2 hours for (pulse ox, neuro checks, complex wound care, glucose monitoring, blood pressure); vital signs hourly for up to 4 hours. A multi-disciplinary approach to nursing care is utilized on the ICCU.
- Registered professional nurse who assesses, implements or delegates, plans, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in accordance with established philosophy, providing and directing patient care for a group of patients. Relates effectively with other shifts/departments for optimal continuity of care.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Valid Texas RN License/Eligible Compact License
- Must maintain a current BLS & ACLS certification from American Heart Association
- BSN required or must be obtained within 3 years of hire
- PCCRN Certification preferred
- UMC Hospital Orientation & Nursing Orientation
- Unit specific orientation to be determined by the hiring department
- Orientation length is individually based and will be determined by Director
- Galen E-learning Curriculum Modules / Online Nursing Competency Validation
- Cerner electronic documentation training
- Sign on bonus and relocation assistance available (if applicable)
- Educational Reimbursement for pursing BSN/MSN after 90 days of employment (if applicable)
- Mentor program
- Health Insurance with Low Deductibles, Low Premiums, and Comprehensive Coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Paid Time Off (Sell Back Option of Unused PTO over 80 hours Twice a Year)
- 403b Retirement with up to 8% match with tenure
- Free Life Insurance
- Tax Saving Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and/or Dependent Care
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website