At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as seventh in the country – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
APeX Reporting Team is responsible for the Clarity Reports and extracts associated with use of the Epic System at UCSF Health. The department is a blend of onsite and remote staff, and they report to the Reporting Manager and up through the IT services to the Chief Information Officer. The team size is currently 14, with possibility for increase in the next 1-2 years.
The APeX Reporting Senior Manager is responsible for the management of the APeX reporting team and enterprise reporting requests. The APeX Reporting Senior Manager will support project-related and operational reporting with primary emphasis on healthcare, financial, and administrative information in an electronic medical record system. This position requires the ability to manage Report Analysts effectively and guide application analysts and business owners to define report requirements. The incumbent should be effective at leading groups, building consensus and managing complex decision making across divergent areas of the organization. The person should be able to effectively lead and resolve Epic reporting issues. The incumbent needs to work extensively with the end users, understand the requirements and work with the Report Analysts to turn them into efficient reports/data extracts.
The Apex Reporting Team Senior Manager is an expert in the following Epic Clarity and Star data models:
- EpicCare Clinical applications, including Inpatient, Ambulatory, ASAP, Willow
- EpicCare Business applications, including Revenue and Access applications
- Miscellaneous Extracts
The APeX Reporting Team Senior Manager is skilled in many aspects of healthcare systems reporting, including knowledge of information workflows and processes. This position will promote an environment of collaboration and foster the growth of skill and knowledge of the reporting team members.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory or management of technical staff
- Bachelor's degree in a clinical subject, healthcare informatics, or related area and / or equivalent combination of experience / training
- Knowledge of Business Objects and Epic Clarity/Report Writer platform
- Knowledge of SQL skills
- Thorough knowledge of reporting concepts, policies, principles, best practices, methodologies, technologies, budgeting, design, deployment, quality assurance, security issues, and regulations
- Excellent skills in developing strategic plans, building staff competencies, organizing operations, and fiscal management
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to create and maintain a goal-oriented climate of teamwork and collaboration across departments for effective problem solving, conflict resolution, support for organizational values, and consistent achievement of objectives
- Excellent analytical, and critical-thinking, organizational, and business process optimization skills, with the ability to quickly troubleshoot problems, and apply complex analytics to identify and implement effective solutions
- Excellent ability to collaborate with senior management and executive-level staff, to develop and implement objectives, goals, budgets, strategic plans, policies, and priorities, and to measure and evaluate operations in conjunction with them
- Excellent communications skills to convey complex information clearly and concisely to all levels of staff and management, with the ability to motivate, influence, and persuade others, and cultivate a strong commitment to efficiency, functionality, and quality customer service
- Thorough knowledge of healthcare information technology, medical terminology, and of all relevant clinical information systems, with a strong understanding of the application of computational tools to enhance and improve clinical practice
- Certifications: Clarity, Business Objects
- Advanced degree in information systems, informatics, management
Living Pride Standards
- Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center's values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
- Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
- Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
- Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
- Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
- Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
- Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
- Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website