Implementation of the budget and the attendant strategic financial management and planning at UCSB is the responsibility of the Campus Budget Office. This includes workload allocations, salary funding, fee to services, debt financing, all funds budget, student fees, income and recharge, indirect cost recovery, campus provision accounts, and systems development. In addition, the Office provides support to the Chancellor, Senior Officers, Colleges and campus departments and committees, regarding allocation and management of resources. The Office also acts as a liaison between the Office of the President, other UC campuses and individual campus departments on selected financial matters.
The Budget Director reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Budget and Planning. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the operating budget and oversees the implementation of both Regents directives and campus resource decisions. These critical elements involve responsibilities at the highest level of resource management, resource planning, and analytical support.
The Budget Director must have extensive experience, knowledge and a demonstrated ability to organize, direct, and successfully implement financial programs and plans within a large multi-disciplinary environment. The incumbent must have excellent written and oral communication skills and exceptional organization and administrative skills. *LI-KA1
Minimum Requirements- BA/BS in a business-related field (Finance, Accounting, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 5 years experience in a finance/budget role
- Strong financial analysis skills, strong communication skills to work with all levels within the University and UCOP, keen political acumen, and the ability to manage a staff of two.
- Extensive experience, knowledge and a demonstrated ability to organize, direct, and successfully implement financial programs and plans within a large multi-disciplinary environment.
- Excellent analytic skills
- Self-motivated and self directed with capability to work independently
Desirable Requirements- Experience in higher education budget or finance environment; strong preference for University of California experience
- Supervisory experience
Special Conditions of EmploymentSatisfactory criminal history background check
Apply on company website