Reporting to the Financial & Administrative Officer, provide leadership and support for the financial management of the Departments of Biochemistry, Nematology, Plant Pathology and Microbiology, the Center for Conservation Biology, and the BMPN Administrative Unit. Supervised and guide Contract & Grant Analysts and Purchasing functions in support of department faculty, staff, and students. The budgeted hiring range is between $71,800-$104,600. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 6 - 10 years of related experience. Required Experience in higher education. Preferred Experience applying financial and operational internal controls. Required Previous supervisory/managerial experience. Preferred
Minimum Requirements Solid skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify resolution.
Solid knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques; human resources and risk management planning; accounting and payroll.
Demonstrated skills in employee supervision and HR administration.
Solid interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising, and counseling to effectively motivate others.
Solid knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Solid organizational and customer service skills to effectively manage multiple priorities.
Solid knowledge of the organization's processes, protocols and procedures with a focus on budget, account and fund management and/or personnel management within labor contract(s) and personnel policy.
Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others.
Advanced knowledge of and experience and fund accounting and generally accepted accounting principles, demonstrated experience identifying and analyzing account variances and researching discrepancies.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website