UPMC Pinnacle is seeking anAssociate Surgical Director ofTransplant Surgery todevelop and grow theKidney Transplant Program in Central Pennsylvania.
Thisopportunity offers an experienced surgical candidate the abilityto join a growing team and program. We are in search of a candidate with strong leadership skills who is looking to be part of our leadership team. Thisposition involves direct and indirect surgical patient care. The ideal candidate will bring five to eight years experience working in kidneytransplant surgery at a UNOS-approved transplant program.
This surgeon will collaborate and coordinate the care of transplant patients and living donor patients with transplant staff, referring physicians and primary care physicians. The Transplant Surgeon provides direct care to patients throughout the transplant continuum and functions in a leadership role for the department.
As a valued member of the team, the Associate Surgical Directorwill work closely with the Transplant Administrator and Program Director, to identify and achieve goals of the Department.
- Actively promotes growth of the transplant program
- Participates in strategic planning process
- Oversees clinical and administrative aspects of the program
- Provides high quality patient care
- Co-chairs transplant program's QAPI process
- Demonstrates continual leadership skills and sets example for others in the program
- Participates in and provides teaching and supervision of residents when assigned to the program
- Performs transplant surgery, laparoscopic living donor nephrectomy, general surgery, patient management (inpatient and outpatient basis) in addition to transplant consultations on inpatients within the health system
- Develops an outpatient practice in general surgery
- Provides on-call coverage to the Transplant Program, with night and weekend call on a rotating basis with other transplant physicians
- Performs deceased donor organ procurement surgeries for local organ procurement organization based on established call schedule
- Assists in quality assurance activities in relation to transplant care.
- Supports the Director of Transplant Services in the financial management of the practice including, but not limited to charging and diagnoses appropriate to the level of care provided
- Develops strong, supportive, and collaborative relationships with referring physicians
- Promotes goals of UPMC Pinnacle and is a positive representative of the health system
- Board-certified in General Surgery
- Completed an American Society of Transplantation Fellowship Program
- Prefer minimum five to eight years' experience working in transplant surgery at a UNOS-approved transplant program.
- This is a full-time, salaried position which rotates weekly coverage of the in-patient service including on-call responsibilities.
- Competitive base salary plus incentive bonus based on quality goals
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional dues
- CME time
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Relocation Allowance
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Pinnacle health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams and parts of Snyder counties.
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hersheys Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvanias top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20 percent of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia its a great place to grow a career and family.
- Listed among Forbes.com Americas Most Livable Cities, and ranked in U.S. News & World Reports Best Cities to Live in 2017, we are a 2 to 3 hour drive away from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
UPMC Pinnacle is seeking an Associate Surgical Director of Transplant Surgery to develop and grow the Kidney Transplant Program in Centr...
Apply on company website