Winchester Cardiology and Vascular Medicine (WCVM) located in the Northern Shenandoah Valley is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Electrophysiologist to join our team of 18 board certified Cardiologists and 11 cardiology advanced practice clinicians in scenic Northern Virginia.
About the Position
Located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley WCVM is the largest and most established cardiology practice serving the Shenandoah Valley and the Panhandle of West Virginia
WCVM is seeking to add a second Electrophysiologist to a very busy and expanding practice.
- Qualifications/Skills include:
- Board Certification in Cardiology
- Fellowship training in Electrophysiology
- Ability to handle a high volume of complex ablation referrals
- Ability to perform VT ablations ideally with epicardial access capability
- Experience with LAA device closure
- Experience with subcutaneous ICD and leadless pacemaker implants
- Ability to obtain a medical license in the states of VA and WV
- Ability to obtain a DEA with full prescriptive authority needed for the specific practice
- All candidates must be US citizens as no Visa positions are available.
About our Practice
WCVM opened a new office in March of 2020. The 30,000 sq. ft. clinic connects to the cardiovascular lab and inpatient hospital. In addition, we have satellite clinics in Martinsburg W.V. and provide outreach services at 6 Valley Health Multi-specialty clinics. WCVM leases its professional services to Valley Health through a professional service lease arrangement.
- WCVM Electrophysiology Service provides a full range of ablations and device implantation with an excellent safety profile at Winchester Medical Center|Valley Health.
- Winchester Medical Center|Valley Health offers a state of the art EP lab and hybrid OR utilizing Rythmia and Carto 7 advanced mapping systems.
- WCVM manages over 4000 active device therapy patients in an outpatient clinic staffed by PAs and device technicians.
The WCVM team includes an internal referral base of interventional cardiologists, non-invasive cardiologists, an advanced heart failure clinic, structural heart specialists and an electrophysiologist.
We utilize EPIC as our EMR both in the clinic and hospital setting.
We have a complete diagnostic testing facility onsite with an active Nuclear Department offering SPECT, up-to-date all digital echo lab, full vascular lab in both the Winchester and Martinsburg locations. The WCVM Cardiovascular Imaging Center accredited through ICAEL, ICAVL and ICANL.
We have a shared call model (not to exceed 1:6 nights/and weekends) in this collegial group dedicated to a shared compensation model and work life balance.
Details and Benefits
This is for a 2-year associate position with a track to partnership in the 3rd year.
The salary is highly competitive and guaranteed with a potential for management and quality incentives.
We also offer an excellent full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, full malpractice coverage disability coverage, and life insurance.
Moving expense stipend is provided as well as a potential for an early signing bonus.
About the Community:
- Enjoy a 4-season climate
- Great schools both public and private
- Approximately 90 minutes from the Washington, D.C. metro area, 45 minutes from Dulles International Airport, 2 hours from Baltimore, 3.5 hours from Philadelphia, and 2.5 hours from Richmond
- Winchester, Virginia offers the perfect mid-sized community and the ideal location for family living. Residents enjoy dining on the walking mall, museums and many vineyard and brewerys. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy biking, hiking, fishing and kayaking available in the nearby Shenandoah National, the Shenandoah Valley has something for everyone.
Apply on company website