The Problem Manager will work under the IT Service Delivery Manager with limited supervision and minimal management assistance as well as use methods based on Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices to identify, document, track, major and recurring incidents. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the IT Problem Management Process using ITIL best practices.
- Choose and manage root cause investigation teams, including planning, assigning, scheduling, monitoring and reviewing problem activities.
- Create and present problem documentation which includes problem root cause analysis, problem interview notes and problem synopsis for IT senior management.
- Perform root cause analysis in order to recommend appropriate corrective actions to eliminate IT problems and identify known errors.
- Understand and document complex IT problems and the risks associated.
- Produce reports to monitor problem and incident trends for continuous improvement purposes.
- Oversee problem activities for assigned functional area(s) to ensure problems are resolved in a timely manner with minimal impact to the business.
- Facilitate problem management meetings to diagnose problems and support communication efforts.
- Develop of metrics and reports for monitoring of the process and to identify problems proactively.
- Align Problem Management efforts with Incident, Change, Configuration and Knowledge Management processes.
- Identify trends and potential problem sources by reviewing Incident and Problem records.
- Maintain records of Problems and Known Errors.
Apply on company website