The Senior Network Operations Engineer will work with the team to support network operation, implementation, and integration of network changes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Network Design & Implementation -
- Responsible for defining and supporting Valley Bank's overarching network architecture.
- Work closely with cross functional teams across multiple disciplines and collaborate with other SMEs and technical support teams to implement network business requirements.
- Develop tools and processes to automate tasks.
- Secure the network by developing network access, monitoring, control and evaluation processes/solutions. Collaborate with Information Security groups on network components for managing existing productions and standing up new products.
- Establishes network specifications in conjunction with operational standards. Configure the networks to provide effective levels of redundancy and performance for use by mainframes and personal computers in all locations which run production applications.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of emerging technologies. Research, develop and implement new data technologies that will enhance
banking operations through efficiencies. Keep apprised of changing technologies through research and participating in educational opportunities or professional organizations.
- Prepare technical documentation to inform all users of the automation software functionality and availability of features. Develops instruction sets to permit the effective and efficient use of the data networks. Trains all team members in the use of all new technologies.
- Operations Support, Troubleshooting, Incident Management & Escalation
- Requires extensive troubleshooting on day to day network issues and provide permanent solutions. Candidate must possess in-depth technical knowledge to:
- Serve as the subject matter expert and provide guidance to IT and Information Security teams on all items related to network operations.
- Serve as a key representative on major network troubleshooting issues.
- Support Branch/Backoffice (SDWAN/DMVPN) and Data Center (Nexus) environment.
- Support Root Cause Analysis reports for incidents and
- Maintain the network at the highest level of performance and availability.
- Maintain service operating manuals and diagrams using Valley's best practices.
- Mentors junior staff members and provides feedback to management for performance evaluations.
- On-call rotation for after-hours support.
- Assists management in preparing financial information related to budgets, annual maintenance, monitoring and operational expenses.
Apply on company website