The Underwriting Assistant I provides support to Credit Portfolio Managers, CPM Team Leaders, Credit Officers and Senior Credit Officer by collecting and managing the financial statement process for Valley. As time and individual aptitude allows, will assist with other portfolio management tasks such as Borrowing Base monitoring and compliance. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitors the financial exception report on a regular basis to track financial statements. Based on findings, creates and provides reports to the CPM Team Leader and Manager of the Business Line.
- Ensures that the tickler dates are updated and correct on exception reports as financials are received.
- Escalates situations to the CPM and Loan Officer when the required financial statements are not received within 45 days of the initial letter or contact.
- Ensures that once financial statements are received, they are sent for imaging and provided to the CPM and Loan Officer for review.
- Contacts borrower's, bookkeepers and CPAs via phone, e-mail and mail requesting financial documentation required per the loan agreement.
- Monitors Portfolio Management reports such as Delinquent Real Estate Taxes, Liquid Collateral, Past Due Loans, etc. and works with Loan Officers on past due loans and to clear exceptions when necessary.
- Provides superior customer service by resolving issues and providing accurate and timely information to CPMs and Loan Officers.
Apply on company website