Solid Waste Workers are part of the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce.
Waste Pro of Georgia has immediate Openings for Energetic CDL Drivers in Doraville, Georgia!
Whether you are new to garbage or an industry veteran, we have a position for you! Waste Pro offers excellent pay rates based on experience and a retention bonus of $1,500.00 paid in $375.00 installments every three months for the first year of employment! Did we mention this is local driving and you'll be home every night?
Everyday thousands of Waste Pro trucks serve millions of customers. It takes professional, experienced, hardworking and dedicated people, working together, to accomplish this task. Work with the brightest people in the industry while driving some of the finest trucks built.
Did you know that Waste Pro offers a $10,000.00 driver award? This award designed specifically for drivers is attainable every 3 years when the driver meets specific criteria. (Yes ... it happens all the time) If you are energetic, team oriented and love a challenge apply with Waste Pro and be the Distinguishable Difference!
The Waste Pro Automated Side Load Driver operates refuse collection vehicles on pre-assigned and special routes to pick up garbage, yard waste, or recycling. Oversees work of helpers assisting on assigned route; performs pre-trip and post-trip truck check and cleaning; and performs other related work as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Safely drives truck on pre-established route in accordance with Decision Driving principles within prescribed time. Collects and dumps garbage and refuse into refuse trucks while covering a designated route in a residential zone. Unloads refuse trucks at the landfill, transfer station, or similar facility.
2. Provides Distinguishably Different level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of refuse operation to the public and customers.
3. Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
4. Ensures garbage and recyclables at residences are picked up and transferred properly; pick up may require using back door. Tags improper refuse containers and waste;
5. Performs Daily Pre and Post Trip inspections as set forth by Waste Pro procedures and D.O.T. guidelines. Completes Safety Lane activity and DVIR daily in accordance with Waste Pro safety lane guidelines. Includes inspection under hood, check under carriage, check fluid levels and air tires.
6. Maintains clean truck and washes exterior weekly. Inspect/Clean Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas fill.
7. Performs a variety of manual duties in the clean-up of scattered refuse; moves and empties large trash bins using truck hydraulics;
8. Prepares, maintains, and submits required company and regulation-mandated reports and documents;
9. Responsible for all persons working on vehicle during the designated route.
10. Must comply with all Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Apply on company website