Everyday thousands of Waste Pro trucks serve millions of customers. It takes professional, experienced, hardworking and dedicated people, working together, to accomplish this task. Work with the brightest people in the industry on some of the finest trucks built including Mack, Freightliner, Peterbilt, McNeilus, and Heil to name a few. Never get bored while you work on diesel trucks and our alternative fuel source fleets to include CNG, LPG and Hybrid. If you are energetic, team oriented and love a challenge apply with Waste Pro and be the Distinguishable Difference!
Waste Pro offers a comprehensive pay range based on proven skills & capability. As a Waste Pro employee you are eligible for year end and referral bonuses!
We believe people make the difference and are committed to helping our best become even better. Waste Pro supports your pursuit of ASE Certification through fee reimbursement, increase(s) in compensation, and a Master Technician Achievement Bonus! To assist in your career development, Waste Pro Technicians are eligible to receive a monthly tool allowance of up to $50.00 per month !
Our benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; a 401k Plan, Disability Insurance; Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Knowledge and ability to perform Preventative Maintenance services with general knowledge related to heavy duty and light duty trucks. This may include gasoline, diesel and CNG Systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Aid/assist drivers in completion of the daily Post trip and vehicle safety inspection process
2. Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment during Safety Lane and PM's.
3. Complete lubrication and repair of lubrication points on vehicles as assigned on the daily schedule
4. Ability to learn and utilize brake inspection procedures and complete documentation daily
5. Perform basic repairs and maintenance on Heavy Duty Equipment, including but not limited to Rear Load, Front Load, Roll Off, Grapple, Port-a-let, and other service type trucks including chassis and body.
6. Communication with A & B technicians /drivers as to issues with vehicles and discusses preventative techniques that may minimize future repairs.
7. Completes all required paperwork / computer data entry, including documenting parts usage and time in and out on repair orders, in a timely and concise manner.
8. Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards which may include sweeping, organizing and maintaining the shop and grounds areas.
9. Conducts repairs utilizing Factory Service Manuals.
10. Maintain high standard of Ethics and Dependability.
11. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
* Ability to assist drivers with Pre/Post trip process
* Ability to identify visible repairs required on vehicles: lights, mirrors, leaks, body damage etc.
* Ability to assist/complete fluid top up on vehicles including oil, hydraulic fluids, transmission fluid, DEF fluid
* Knowledge of tire inspections and air pressure adjustments
* Ability to support technicians in repair of lights, wipers, mirrors.
* Ability to understand and use lubrication charts for waste trucks
* Ability to lubricate components on trucks as scheduled (training provided)
* Ability to assist technicians in the repair of basic engine, transmission, brake, suspension, electrical, hydraulic, body components and systems related to Heavy Duty and Light Duty Trucks.
* Knowledge of all tools required to perform repairs and maintenance on vehicles.
* Basic computer skills as required.
Apply on company website