Career Focus in more than one area of; Networking, Microsoft Systems Engineering, Storage, Backup, or VMWare (VDI)
- Provides expert troubleshooting processes within the network and security infrastructure including; routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, proxy servers, Linux, UNIX and Windows Servers, make corrective break/fix actions when necessary, following documented procedures, and change control guidelines and polices.
- Creates/updates required technical documentation in accordance with Change Control and Project Management processes and ticketing disciplines.
- Assists in installation, operation, and must be able to troubleshoot a small to medium size enterprise networks.
- Expert understanding of topics that include; connecting to a WAN, implementing network security, network types, network media, routing and switching fundamentals, the TCP/IP and OSI models, IP addressing, operating and configuring IOS devices, extending switched networks with VLANs, determining IP routes, managing IP traffic with access lists, establishing point-to-point connections, and storage and backup solutions.
- Activities include routine diagnostics, configuration, problem identification, and analysis, vendor engagement, vendor escalation, and advanced internal escalation, team mentoring and coaching.
- Product and service-specific knowledge is needed to perform these activities. Tier I resolutions can last an hour or more depending upon complexity.
- Ability to implement Server or Network technology with external vendor support. Usually provided through (SOW) Statement of work agreements and project plan.
- Performs server installations (Physical/Virtual), network infrastructure equipment and security parameters to match hospital standards, HIPAA and individual project requirements.
- Provides primary client-server hardware/software and application support while providing excellent customer service.
- Provides On-Call after hours support, as needed.
- Proactive in monitoring of systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including the following.
Server/VoIP Hardware/Software Installation and Administration
- Handles the receipt of hardware from vendors/storeroom for projects according to applicable procedures
- Builds and installs hardware/software in a timely manner, properly and according to applicable procedures
- Appropriately prioritizes daily installation tasks
- Administers server systems as required and per IS policies and procedures
- Determines special hardware requirements as necessary and provides vendor quotations to the Network Manager as requested
Server/PC/VoIP Hardware/Software Troubleshooting
- Provides effective, sound and timely troubleshooting skills for all customers
- Maintains knowledge of the latest hardware/software used in the WMH environment
- Advises Network Manager of issues that cannot be resolved in a timely manner
- Shows initiative in troubleshooting issues and escalates unresolved issues to the Network Manager in a timely manner
- Attends project team meetings as required
- Accomplishes project tasks as assigned in a timely manner and while providing excellent customer service
Disaster Recovery and Security
- Incorporates disaster recovery and security best practices in all system implementations
- Creates documentation to support disaster recovery processes
- Implements backup processes to ensure system application data is protected from loss
- Implements security parameters that provide the highest level of information security (Data Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability) while providing the ability for the application to function as required
Issue Processing and Resolution
- Maintains knowledge of the IS department's ITIL process and procedures
- Processes assigned tickets in a timely manner, including providing ticket updates as required
- Adheres to the ITIL policies throughout the process of troubleshooting issues
- Provides backup to the Service Desk and provides next level support
Network Hardware/Software Standards Documentation
- Creates/maintains documentation as required by ITIL policies
- Creates/maintains documentation related to standard operating procedures
- Creates/maintains documentation related to troubleshooting equipment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with expert precision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Education or equivalent – Bachelor's degree or 5-6 years' experience preferred
• Certification – CCNP or MCP or VCAP or VCP
• Advanced experience in troubleshooting LAN & WAN technologies
• Advanced knowledge of ASA Firewalls and Cisco Voice and Cisco WiFi technologies
• Advanced troubleshooting of firewalls using command line interface (CLI) and/or web based tools
• Advanced monitoring of LINUX/ UNIX/Windows servers' resource usage
• Expert in troubleshooting hardware and software problems on Linux, UNIX and Windows OS
• Intermediate troubleshooting of alert messages from Solarwinds
• Create, modify and close service request, incident and problem tickets using various ticketing systems.
• Advanced VLAN creation, management and interface mapping
• Advanced understanding in troubleshooting switching technologies: VLAN creation and mapping
• Advanced knowledge of event management and packet capture tools
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to work in highly stressful environment. An in-depth understanding of computer technology.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or casuistic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply on company website