Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide's continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Associate Logistics Specialist position will support global logistics to assist with the implementation, execution, and oversight of logistics services to WWW and its customers. This position supports strategic alignment and supplier network management through innovative operational excellence, on-time performance, development of strong supplier relationships, and cost control. This position will analyze data, research, and provide recommendations to improve value to WWW, our partners, and our customers.Primary Duties
- Collaboratively work with WWW Logistics, Customs, Distribution, brands and external partners to achieve operational objectives and efficiencies.
- Assist in monitoring current and future freight volumes to anticipate and adjust to capacity and network challenges.
- Assist in arranging shipments and preparing shipment documentation in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain vendor to destination transit details in SAP.
- Process shipments in SAP, identify issues with incorrect documentation and follow process in order to correct to ensure the timely flow of freight in the logistics network.
- Facilitate corrective action when problematic shipments arise by following established processes.
- Update and maintain tracking details in SharePoint to provide accurate visibility with freight throughout the Logistics network.
- Run reports as needed from SAP, BW and SharePoint to assist other team members with their assignments and objectives.
- Train colleagues and other WWW facilities on SharePoint processes.
- Provide customer service to WWW brands, shared services, partners, and customers.
- Hold service partners accountable for performance by challenging appropriately and effectively.
- Update and maintain critical data fields in SAP and WM (PKMS) as required for specific processes.
- Assist in processing freight claims.
- Participate in WWW projects relating to Logistics.
- Provide business support to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Performing duties consistent with the Company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performing other duties as required/assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or related field
- 0-2 years of experience in Logistics or related field
- Ability to be effective in a high sense of urgency, dynamic, and fast paced environment
- Analytical and organized individual who has the ability to process details efficiently and accurately
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Office, Excel, Access, SharePoint)
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with various levels of management
- Must be proactive in recognizing and adjusting to shifting priorities
- Self-motivated and directed, capable of operating semi-autonomously
Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Apply on company website