Like the men and women they serve, Bates is committed to delivering their best. A leading maker of quality boots and shoes for those in uniform, Bates' commitment is heartfelt and hard-earned. Evident in the technologies they pioneer. Visible in the quality footwear they design. Ensuring those who serve enjoy products that are as comfortable as they are hardwearing, as value-priced as they are invaluable.
The Senior Designer- Bates is responsible for all aspects of the product conceptualization based on competitive analysis and market trends. Designs include ideation sketches, technical renderings, sample tech packs, material mapping and tooling. Create the “design language” focused on innovative product and technologies that will position the brand as the definitive leader in the market for tactical boots, as well as expand the opportunity to develop our product in the work category. Develop the designs for all of Bates footwear across the consumer territories as defined by the brand; first responders, military, on-duty dress, tactical lifestyle & work.
- Solely responsible for creating all designs, CAD renderings and/or technical drawings for the entire global product line.
- Design innovative product solutions for multiple consumer territories with a focus on purpose-built performance.
- Create footwear designs appropriate for the target consumer within the seasonal calendar and project timelines, as outlined in the Product Briefs.
- Collaborate with the Product Director and the PLM on seasonal design direction.
- Work directly with the Product Director to clearly identify all key attributes of the product.
- Partner with the Asia product development team on key projects to align our designs with the sample process and prototype development.
- Create 2D renderings to illustrate pattern/color and material options for initial prototypes.
- Partner with materials team to assess and evaluate seasonal core material needs.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years of footwear design experience required.
- 4+ years of footwear development experience required.
- Proven leadership skills with at least 2+ years of experience in leading design projects, or project teams.
- In-depth knowledge of design & development process related to footwear manufacturing.
- Solid presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
- In-depth computer skills and experience with 3D programs, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop software.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Apply on company website