Chaco is an iconic outdoor brand with market leadership in performance sandals, a high growth business in closed-toe performance and lifestyle footwear, and a dynamic accessories offering. The brand has achieved several consecutive years of industry-leading growth by creating remarkable connections with a tribe of loyal consumers known as ChacoNation.
The Senior Developer with Chaco drives the product development process by partnering with Design, Product Management, Costing, and Materials in taking the product from concept to buy ready for assigned categories.Primary Duties
- Manages the product development category and/or team.
- Serves as the pro-active conduit between design and sourcing throughout the seasonal development process.
- Manages the product development process to ensure timely delivery of product that is in-line with target costs and meets calendar deadlines.
- Manages the product creation process from conception through commercialization by being the technical expert.
- Acts as the brand fit leader, working with both internal and external technical fit partners as well as managing new last development.
- Manages the product confirmation/sample process.
- Leads and manages a robust review process of each technical pack against the briefing goals and effectively communicates the results to help inform/improve product creation and manufacturability.
- Partners with Design on seasonal material selection inclusive of a manufacturing, costing, and feasibility.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years of product development experience required.
- Proven leadership skills with at least 2 years' experience in leading or influencing others.
- Technically proficient with an extensive understanding of footwear constructions.
- Advanced knowledge of fit/construction and costing.
- Solid computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Exceptional follow-through skills and attention to detail.
- Solid communication skills are required, including the ability to manage strong and effective cross functional relationships within the organization.
- In-depth computer skills and experience with 3D, Adobe Illustrator and Photo-Shop software.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Apply on company website