Under immediate supervision, the Software Development Engineer I analyzes, modifies and debugs existing applications. Responsibilities also include testing, communicating and implementing defect resolutions.
- Modifies, implements, and maintains an existing application to established standards, specifications and approved changes
- Performs maintenance programming for existing versions
- Uses corporate approved CRM systems to track cases, defects and resolutions
- Explains defect resolutions to the Team Leader
- Uses corporate approved integrated development environment (e.g., Visual Studios, Eclipse) to implement defect resolutions
- Performs unit testing on his/her defect resolutions to ensure accuracy, integrity, interoperability and completeness to achieve desired results
- Analyzes and documents reasons for test failures, and revises/debugs assigned programs and/or procedures as necessary
- Learns and increases knowledge of a single domain and best practices
- Expands technical and industry expertise
- Uses corporate approved sourced control applications (e.g., Microsoft Team Foundations) to maintain code changes
- Adheres to Department policies, procedures and standards in the development and implementation of software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer/Engineering Science or equivalent experience
- Independent problem solving and analysis skills
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Collegial, team-oriented disposition with the desire and ability to establish cooperative working relationships with employees at all levels within Yardi, outside Yardi and with clients
- Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a winning team, work with the latest technologies and develop your career, then Yardi is the place for you.
Yardi is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.
Apply on company website