Job Title: Financial Counselor
This job is located at Aultman Orrville Hospital.
Represents and aides the patient customer in fulfilling payments for services by performing the following duties:
· Medical Billing experience with electronic billing vendor (Quadax for 1500 and UB04 forms, 835 remit).
· Enters patient demographics and insurance information to bill.
· Receives patient payments and balances cash drawer.
· Set up payment plans
· Assist with Medicaid applications
· Medicaid eligibility vendor (send demographics and note accounts) and bill Medicaid or Medicaid Managed Care
· Processes walk-in customers for inquiries, information requests, and payments.
· Handles telephone inquiries from patients, insurance companies, attorneys, medical providers, Government agencies, employers, etc.
· Sends out requested bills and records to patients and payors.
· Establishes payment arrangements and processes Hospital Care Assurance and financial assistance applications.
· Follows up on credit balances and submits refund requests
· Generates self-pay statements
· Works with collection agencies faxing payments, correspondence requests.
· Performs in-house patient conferences.
Apply on company website