PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Respiratory Therapy Department performs duties in the management, evaluation and teaching of patients that need equipment for their cardiopulmonary problems.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
• Performs all modes of Oxygen Therapy:
Accurately adjust proper liter flow and pressures. Accurately sets up and instructs customer on conserving devices. Performs assessment of customer to determine if a conserving device would be suitable to use. Develops a Plan of Care for all customers receiving equipment and records in chart.
• Monitors Pulse Oximetry:
Accurately monitors measured parameters of Pulse Oximetry. Completes all Pulse Oximetry as ordered and notifies Physician if any discrepancies.
• Set up of CPAP's and BILEVEL machines:
Sets up CPAP and BILEVEL units correctly.
Fits customer using correct size mask and headgear.
Accurately instructs the customer on use, cleaning care and maintenance of the unit.
Completes all paper work assuring proper qualifications are met for private insurance, Medicare and Medicaid.
Follows up with customer within 7-10 days of initial set up date.
Notifies customer that a download and face to face with Respiratory Therapy is needed after 31 days of initial set up.
Once download and follow up is done the download is then emailed/and or faxed to Sleep lab and ordering Physician. Respiratory Therapy will then follow up with Physician when face to face office visit notes are required.
Maintains progress notes via mail/and or email at approximately 3-6 & 12 months of initial set up date.
• Works in a safe and respo0nsible manner to prevent disease transmission or exposure to hazardous materials management.
Performs duties in such a manner to prevent disease transmission or exposure to hazardous materials, utilizes universal precautions and safe hazardous materials management. Prevents unsafe exposure and disease transmission whether from patient to healthcare worker, from healthcare worker to patient, or between co-workers, physician, visitor or patient and themselves. Always is informed and up to date on infection control and material safety. Job performance always reflects a strong base in infection control in regard to disease transmission material safety protocols.
• High School diploma or greater.
• Current licensure to practice as a Registered Respiratory Therapist/ and or Certified Respiratory Technician in the State of Ohio.
• BLS certification every 2 years.
• Demonstrates organizational skills along with computer knowledge and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Has experience in Durable Medical Equipment.
• Ability to provide the highest level of customer service
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Ability to think strategically.
• High level of maturity to manage confidential information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
• 8:30am – 5:00pm M-F or hours as required by the job. Occasional weekends and off -shifts
• Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
• Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
PURPOSE: To identify specific functions job requirements and work environment factors that could affect job performance.
Check all factors that are present as essential job requirements and check whether the factor is performed.
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (70 pounds)
O Carrying (70 pounds)
O Pushing (70 pounds)
N Climbing with (70 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
Apply on company website